So I know it has been awhile. I just felt the need to drop off for awhile. Since 2012 has started, I feel like I have been more active. I have tried a few new things as well.
January brought on a Rascal Flatts concert in Hershey with my bestest - Jay! I also went snowboarding for the first time in five years with a girlfriend from work - Kelli! The beginning of February, I had a very fantastic mother-daughter day in State College. Mom and I enjoyed a day of shopping, a great dinner, and a night full of laughs with a Lady A concert. There were two other mother-daughter combos, and I never laughed so hard in my life. I have almost forgiven my mother for telling these women that I wouldn't be interested.
This past weekend was the annual Race to Any Place. It is a stationary bike race charity event for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Sisterson participates every year, and it is one of my favorite events. Afterwards, my friend Kelli and I went down to Deep Creek for the evening. Her family owns a condo, and I really enjoy going with her. We had a nice dinner, and a girls night out at the bar.
Sunday morning we drove over to a place called Swallow Falls. It is a Maryland state park, with hiking trails and river-walks. Kelli's sister, Abby, was with us as well, and the three of us spent a good hour climbing rocks and checking out the water. We also sat in the sun on the rocks to feel a few moments of calm. There is something about rushing water that allows me to find myself.
Check out some of the pics below:
Green Denim Divided Basket & Diaper Pouch
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment